People behind the puppy factory LITTLE RASCALS PETS LTD (now Puppies at Home Limited)
Little Rascals‘ dog breeding licence may have been revoked but, once a puppy farmer, always a puppy farmer, and it’s highly unlikely they’ll stop trading in dogs altogether, legally or otherwise.
But it’s not only Bridgett Dickens, Peter Dickens, Edward Swindells and ‘Penny’ Swindells who are responsible for the shocking treatment of dogs and puppies at Brant Broughton – the people employed by the Swindells and Dickens who have been totally complicit with everything that happens on the premises should also be held accountable…
Amy Allen – Little Rascals’ “Business Customer Care Manager”
Amy Allen has worked with Dickens and Swindells for a number of years and during that time has been totally involved with everything that occurred in the running of the dog breeding business Little Rascals Pets Limited.
Allen is not just an employee, she’s also very close friends with the proprietors and is privy to almost everything that goes on at Brant Broughton, and she’s also had a full and active role within the businesses associated with Swindells and Dickens, including their property ‘companies’.
The proprietors of Little Rascals Pets Limited and Amy Allen would have been fully aware early in 2017 that the company was in trouble (with HMRC chasing unpaid back taxes), and in October 2017 a ‘replacement company’ “Puppies at Home Limited” was registered at Companies House, with Amy Allen and June (Penny) Swindells the sole directors at the time [link] .
Allen also played a big part in the recent court case brought by the the proprietors of Little Rascals Pets Ltd against HMRC where she and Edward Swindells tried to argue that their ‘stock‘ (dogs and puppies) in certain cases should be regarded as ‘secondhand goods’ in order for them to benefit from a tax break. During that case the lies flowed freely and are fully documented,
If a case had been brought against them, the statements and claims made during that tribunal would have been fully tested by HMRC’s legal team and therefore Swindells and Allen would almost certainly have been found guilty of perjury.
In any event, they lost the case, and rightly so, because the demands they made were typically conceited and outrageous, and highlighted how they really feel about their ‘stock‘ and their customers. In fact they’re so arrogant they didn’t care that their demands came across as appalling and shameless, despite knowing those demands would be made public.
Amy Allen has now removed any connection to Little Rascals and Puppies at Home Limited on her Facebook page and turned to dog walking, originally calling herself “Paddywack Dog Walker” (not to be confused with respectable businesses of the same name). Since this post appeared Allen has also removed that Facebook page, if she is trading under any other name it will be only a matter of time before she is discovered.
Allen stated that she ‘worked in the animal industry for over 15 years‘ (true), that she has ‘specialised in dogs of all ages‘ (true) and has a ‘great love for animals, dogs in particular‘ (clearly not true).
Allen went on to say that she ‘understands the importance of leaving a dog with someone trustworthy‘. Well that really does NOT apply to Amy Allen, given her track record at Little Rascals—
Why would anyone in their right mind allow a person access to their dog who had aided and abetted puppy farmers in their sick and cruel practice?
And why would any sane person trust someone who advocated painful, unnecessary (and illegal) ear cropping and tail docking and then proudly display it all over their Facebook page?
Consider what really went on behind the scenes in the dog breeding factory at Brant Broughton and how deeply involved in all that Amy Allen was, and likely still is-
- Numerous accounts of ex-breeding dogs with severe mental and physical health problems;
- Puppies knowingly being sold sick to unsuspecting customers;
- Countless complaints about sick and dying puppies;
- Puppies purchased from business associates in Ireland, despite a change in the law;
- A close business connection to notorious puppy farmers The Bolands and the Hamiltons;
- Puppies (dachshunds) purchased from travellers;
- Using a (fake) pedigree certificate company run by convicted animal abusers;
- Accepting and promoting a testimonial from a convicted, psychopathic animal abuser.
- Puppies and breeding dogs no longer fit for purpose ‘dispatched’ (euthanised) and not by a vet;
- An incinerator and an employee with a shotgun licence on site and no legal requirement for the proprietors to inform the (totally inadequate, inept, perhaps even corrupt) North Kesteven Council Licensing Department how many puppies and dogs are disposed of (Edward Swindells has been recorded several times stating that dogs will be “shot“) ;
We could go on…