Many who follow this blog have purchased puppies from Little Rascals in the past, and most have experienced problems with the health or behaviour of their puppy and with the bad attitude of Little Rascals‘ proprietors when things go wrong. Those people bought their puppies in good faith, believing the claims made by Dickens and Swindells, that they care for their dogs. In fact, the complete opposite is true. Profit and greed is the only motivation.
There are others who follow our posts who still support these mass dog breeders and, in spite of a wealth of information out there showing Little Rascals are nothing short of a dog factory, they still manage to justify adding to the misery of the breeding dogs by purchasing their puppies.
Some Little Rascals‘ supporters have never actually bought a puppy nor even own a dog, but show their support anyway, without thought for Little Rascals‘ breeding dogs and the puppies they churn out, month on month, year on year.
Little Rascals have been in the business of dog breeding for over 50 years. Thousands upon thousands of puppies have changed hands in that time. Where are all the positive testimonials and reviews to account for them?
Positive Google reviews are rare for Little Rascals, so they add (and answer) their own:
‘Kim Holland’ didn’t copy her glowing review over to Little Rascal‘s Facebook page, and neither did ‘Helen Tuff’ :
Several ‘positive’ Google reviews are not replicated on Little Rascals’ Facebook page, and that’s because they are fake and cannot be backed up with genuine Facebook profiles and images. At the time of writing, there are 23 known fake 5 star Google reviews for Little Rascals, possibly more. They include:
- Joshua and Mia ADAMS
- Dan CASTELL
- Amy COCKERPOO
- Irene GARCIA
- Lewis GREEN
- Jane GUY
- David HADDOCK
- Kim HOLLAND
- Simon HORWOOD
- KAYDEN Group (based in Australia)
- Rebecca KING
- A LEAR
- Lucy LITTLE
- Patricia MARRIOTT
- Lucy MARSDEN (former Little Rascals’ employee)
- Jess O’BRIEN
- Bryan PUMA
- Gary SIMISTER
- Jack SMITH
- Ian STOKES
- Anne TEMPEST
- Helen TUFF
In June 2015, following the BBC Scotland documentary ‘The Dog Factory‘, which exposed certain ‘acquaintances’ of Little Rascals‘, they posted the following sickening testimonial, from convicted puppy abuser Robert Koch:
Swindells and Dickens’ tendency to use any names to bolster their reputation backfired on that occasion. Perhaps they thought no one would discover that Koch was a psychopath, convicted of torturing, mutilating and killing numerous puppies [LINK].
In the unlikely event any of the other reviews are authentic, then we’d like those people to take a look at some questions every single customer of Little Rascals should be able to answer :
- When you chose to buy a puppy from Little Rascals (who mass breed up to 30 different breeds of dog all year round), did you stop to consider that the parents of your much loved puppy will never know what it’s like to be part of a family?
- Did you consider that your puppy’s parents would spend their whole lives in a kennel; will never lie on someone’s lap in front of the TV or on a sofa?
- Did it occur to you that the breeding parents of all Little Rascal’s puppies are there purely to make a profit for the proprietors, and for absolutely no other reason?
- What kind of life do you think your puppy’s mum has? If you saw her mum (and we REALLY hope you insisted on it), did she live in someone’s home, treated as a family pet? Or was she in a kennel? Or was she brought out to you so you didn’t know what her ‘home’ looked like? And did you see or ask to see the dad? Or perhaps they told you that they were too busy to show mum, or that they were short staffed, or mum was being ‘groomed’, or some other excuse?
- Did anyone at Little Rascals ask you questions to determine that you’re suitable for one of their puppies, and did you ask them lots of question in return?
- Did you do ANY research on Little Rascals? If you had, you would have seen that several of their puppies have recently died of Parvovirus and that they’ve refused to answer questions or acknowledge those deaths. Would that have concerned you, had you known?
- How responsible is a breeder who takes orders and deposits for puppies over the phone, no questions asked?